On the fourth ballot, the Rt. Rev. Linda Nicholls was elected the 14th Primate of the Anglican Church of Canada.
The Canadian House of Bishops nominate at least three candidates, up to five, at their last meeting before General Synod.
The bishops have nominated five bishops from among their number to stand for election as the next Primate of the Anglican Church of Canada.
Bishops nominated for the election of the 14th Primate are:
- The Right Reverend Jane Alexander of the Diocese of Edmonton;
- The Most Reverend Ron Cutler of the Diocese of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island and Metropolitan of the Ecclesiastical Province of Canada;
- The Most Reverend Gregory Kerr-Wilson of the Diocese of Calgary and Metropolitan of the Ecclesiastical Province of Rupert’s Land;
- The Right Reverend Linda Nicholls of the Diocese of Huron; and
- The Right Reverend Michael Oulton of the Diocese of Ontario.